Helping hipsters stay hip
Right Angle approached Monkii with an idea to translate the guides across to the mobile platform via an iPhone application. Using designs from Rinzen Studio, Monkii worked with Right Angle to formulate a strategy for how the guides should work from a user’s perspective and how to reduce the effort required from the city guide editors to create content for the app.
The ultimate what’s hot guide
The application draws in data in real time from the websites, ensuring users are always seeing the latest information. Editors are able to publish to the website and app simultaneously and without the need for double data entry.
Key Features of The Thousands City Guide app included:
– Find restaurants, bars, shops, events and exhibitions near you
– Read articles, view images and access maps, updated daily
– Search content by suburb in five Australian cities
– Find out about upcoming gigs, parties and launches
– Browse targeted ‘Must See’ lists, curated by The Thousands City Guide Editors
– Share your favourite places or recommendations with friends via Email and Twitter
– Browse content, even when offline
The Thousands iPhone app was nominated in the 17th Annual AIMIA Awards for Best Mobile Product or Service.